Call 0330 880 3600 Calls may be monitored or recorded. Opening Times.

  1. Categories
  2. Age Limits and Age Group Definitions
  3. Company Information
  4. Destinations and Regions
  5. General Cover
  6. Health
  7. Payment
  8. Product Information
  9. Sports and Activities
  10. Wintersports/Ski

How do you define a UK resident?

Our residency requirements are outlined clearly at the beginning of the quote process. We require you to confirm using a tick box that:

- All travellers are permanent residents in the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man)
- All travellers have their main home in the United Kingdom
- All travellers have been in the UK for a minimum of 6 months in the 12 months prior to purchasing the insurance policy
- All travellers are registered with a general practitioner (GP) in the United Kingdom
- All travellers 16+ hold a UK National Insurance number
- All travellers will be travelling from and returning to the United Kingdom

We also require that:
- All travellers do not have the intention to receive medical treatment while on their trip
- All travellers are fit to travel, and are not travelling against the advice of a medical professional
- All travellers are in the UK at point of purchase

Get a Quote

What if I am a Non-UK Resident?

If you are outside of the UK and looking to get a quote, we have teamed up with Voyager Insurance Services for EEA residents and other global residents looking for travel insurance while travelling outside of their home country, including those who have already travelled.

Please note that we cannot offer travel insurance to a country or area where the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO) have advised against all, or all but essential, travel.

For more information on FCDO travel advice, visit 

Related FAQs

  1. How do I make a claim in the event of poor weather?
  2. Am I covered for disruption due to natural disasters?
  3. Am I covered for travel disruption caused by the Icelandic volcanic ash incident?
  4. Am I covered to drive abroad?
  5. Can I cancel my policy if it does not meet my needs?
  6. Can I extend an individual trip policy from abroad?
  7. Can I increase the personal possessions limit?
  8. Can my family travel independently on an annual policy?
  9. Can we be insured as a couple on the same annual policy?
  10. Do you cover cruises?
  11. Do you provide cover for Scheduled Airline Failure?
  12. How do I get adequate liability cover for driving in USA?
  13. How do you define UK resident?
  14. How many days can I be abroad on an annual policy?
  15. How much are my golf clubs insured for?
  16. Is it possible to extend the trip limit on the annual policies?
  17. Is the cover per person or per policy?
  18. Is there an excess?
  19. Should I contact you each time I travel on my annual policy?
  20. What is the EHIC?
  21. Should I take an EHIC card?
  22. What does a single or individual trip mean?
  23. What if my Travel Agent is forcing me to take their insurance?
  24. What if my travel plans are affected by extreme weather conditions?
  25. What if the staff from the airline I am travelling with go on strike or threaten industrial action?
  26. What is the single article limit?
  27. Can I cover my gadgets whilst abroad?
  28. When is travel insurance necessary?
  29. When does travel insurance need to be purchased?
  30. Am I covered if there were to be a terror related attack?

Need help?

UK Customer Services0330 880 3600

Open Open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6pm, Saturday 8:30am to 4pm and closed Sundays.
(Calls may be monitored or recorded)

UK Emergency AssistanceContact details can be found in your policy documentation

Available 24 hours a day, every day