With it being one of the world's fastest up and coming countries, we tell you our reasons why a trip to Qatar is a definite must!
13. Take a trip to The Pearl - Qatar’s luxury manmade island14. Although Arabic is Qatar’s native language, there is no language barrier, as almost everyone can speak English.15. The Four Seasons Hotel Doha has recently become home to the world’s largest Nobu restaurant. Nobu is a Japanese restaurant known globally and dined in by some of the world’s most famous celebrities. The restaurant is owned by celebrity chef, Nobuyuki ‘Nobu’ Matsuhisa.
- 1. Visit the traditional Arabic souks, where you can buy traditional Arabic wear, handicrafts, spices, and souvenirs to take back home.
- 2. Take an evening stroll along the waterfront of Doha’s Corniche.
- 3. Visit the Museum of Islamic Arts
- 4. Experience the culture merge of a country with both a traditional culture, and a contemporary culture.
- 5. Qatar is home to a string of luxury hotels including: The Hilton, The Four Seasons, The Ritz Carlton, W Doha Hotel, and The Sheraton.
- 6. The shopping! Browse the souks for more traditional products, or take a trip to the number of malls, offering large international and luxury brands.
- 7. As well as the shopping, Qatar also offers both a traditional side to their food, such as street food, and a more modern and contemporary style, such as well-known international chains.
- 8. Take a Dhow boat ride along the Corniche, and absorb Doha’s breath-taking skyline.
- 9. Dune bash your way through the Qatari desert.
- 10. The Ritz Carlton Doha is home to the biggest chandelier in the world, made of 2,300 glimmering Swarovski Crystals.
- 11. Flying with Qatar Airways allows you to experience the luxury lifestyle, before even setting foot in the country.
- 12. Qatar is the place for sports enthusiasts! With a rise in sports tourism, Qatar is set to host the 2022 World Cup.
Don’t forget, you can get your travel insurance from DirectTravel at either www.direct-travel.co.uk or ring our friendly team on 0330 880 3600.