Holding a reputation as one of the world's most popular countries for backpackers, we tell you 15 quick reasons why a trip to Thailand is an absolute MUST!
- 1. Experience world famous picturesque beaches.
- 2. You can island hop.
- 3. Experience ‘once in a lifetime’ activities, such volunteering at an elephant rescue shelter, or standing under waterfalls.
- 4. Visit their temples, and experience their unique architecture.
- 5. The totally tropical weather where the sun shines pretty much all year.
- 6. It’s cheap - rent, food, shopping, hotels etc., are all far cheaper than western prices.
- 7. The locals are friendly.
- 8. The exciting street food.
- 9. As well as the locals, Thailand sees many foreigners each year. It was recently revealed as position number 2 on ABTA’s top gap year destinations. Most foreigners are willing to help others, and share their experiences.
- 10. Experience Thailand’s rich history and culture.
- 11. It’s a great location for backpackers, as it is nearby to other popular backpacking destinations - Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam etc.
- 12. The islands are home to a vast array of exotic wildlife.
- 13. Beach parties (need we say more…?)
- 14. The islands are home to some incredible sunset locations.
- 15. Bag some bargains at the local markets offering unique pieces.
Don’t forget, you can get your travel insurance from DirectTravel at either www.direct-travel.co.uk or ring our friendly team on 0330 880 3600.