Travelling with a baby can be an anxious and worrying thought. Knowing that there is a plane full of people, and that your child could have a tantrum at any moment can be frightening. So here are our top tips for help you to battle through the worries, and help travelling with your baby become a ‘walk in the park.’
- • Make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to get through the airport.
- • Babies can be messy. So make sure you pack a spare set of clothes for both you, and them, in your hand luggage.
- • If you are travelling alone with your baby, don’t hesitate to ask for help! 99.9% of people will be totally understanding, and be more than happy to help.
- • Make sure you are well prepared and stocked up on necessities including nappies, disposable wipes etc. in case of any delays or other issues.
- • Download some of their favourite cartoons or shows onto your phone or tablet, in order to keep them entertained. This can be very helpful if your plane gets delayed, or an issue arises.
- • Pack a couple of carrier bags in your hand luggage, for any dirty clothes.
- • Pack snacks in your hand luggage, in order to make sure that you are prepared for any hungriness.
- • On the day of travel, dress your baby in layers, so you can add more if the cabin gets cold, or take some off if it gets warmer.
- • The pressure of taking off and landing during the flight can cause ear ache for babies. A good way of helping to soothe this is to give them a dummy.
Don’t forget, you can get your travel insurance from DirectTravel at either www.direct-travel.co.uk or ring our friendly team on 0330 880 3600.