Great news, you can now get cover online for your travel insurance with pre-existing medical conditions.
If you have a medical condition for which you would like cover, you are now able to able to get a quote online from Direct Travel Insurance’s new medical screening system.
Steps to purchase cover
- Step 1Start your travel insurance quote using our online form (below).
- Step 2Select Standard, Premier, Premier Plus or Backpacker cover Step
- Step 3Answer the questions on the 'Eligibility' screen. If you answer 'yes' to any of the 3 medical questions you will be offered the opportunity to enter our quick and easy online medical screening process
- Step 4On the 'Personal Details' screen, simply click the 'Screen now' button by each traveller who requires cover for a medical condition and answer a few straightforward questions
We cover many medical conditions for no additional premium, but if there is a charge to provide cover, you will have the choice of whether to pay this or whether to purchase your insurance with cover for the medical condition excluded. It’s quick, easy and you can get covered in minutes!
What do we mean by a pre-existing medical condition?
Any respiratory condition, heart condition, circulatory condition (including hypertension, stroke, transient ischaemic attack) or any cancer or cancerous conditions for which you have ever been diagnosed or received treatment.
Any medical condition for which you are currently prescribed medication.
Any psychological or psychiatric disorder (including anxiety or depression) you have been diagnosed or treated for within the last two years.
Any other medical condition for which you have consulted a hospital specialist or needed inpatient treatment within the last 12 months.
- Cover for 1000s of pre-existing medical conditions
- Up to £20,000,000 cover (with Premier Plus) for medical expenses
- 24 hour medical emergency assistance
- Complimentary access to our Talking Nurses service.
- Travel insurance available for travellers up to the age of 75.
Get a Quote
What can I do if I am older than the maximum age limit for the policy?
You may be able to obtain an alternative travel insurance policy by contacting:
British Insurance Brokers Association: www.biba.org.uk
Tel: 0870 950 1790 (Lines open 9.00am – 5.-00pm Monday to Friday)
Please note that cover will not be provided for any claim arising from undisclosed medical conditions, and it is consequently of vital importance that you disclose if you have a pre-existing medical condition.
We are able to cover the vast majority of pre-existing medical conditions under our Standard, Premier, and Premier Plus policies. Please note that we are unable to cover pre existing medical conditions on our budget policies.
You may be required to pay an additional premium in order to include cover for your pre-existing medical conditions.
However, you are still able to purchase your policy immediately on-line here with no cover for your pre-existing medical conditions. To get a quote please Click here
Please note that our policies do not cover undisclosed pre-existing medical conditions or travel to or through Afghanistan, Cuba, Liberia and Sudan, please check the Policy Wording for details.
Direct Travel Insurance is a trading name of UNAT Direct Insurance Management Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA Number 312350).