Stay safe overseas - Know before you go
Direct Travel Insurance is proud to be an official partner of the Know Before You Go campaign launched by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
The FCO website
offers straightforward travel advice, top tips and up to date country information to help you plan your holiday.
- make sure you have adequate travel insurance
- check the FCO’s country travel advice
- research your destination – know the local laws and customs
- visit your GP as soon as possible before travelling
- check your passport is in good condition and valid and you have all necessary visas
- make copies of important travel documents and/or store them online using a secure data storage site
- tell someone where you are going and leave emergency contact details with them
- take enough money and have access to emergency funds
Watch the latest FCO TV adverts:
FCO - Know before you go, Being British
FCO - Know before you go, Check In
FCO - Know before you go, Adds Up
Before you go away, take a look at the traveller’s checklist, created by the FCO:
- Check the travel advice pages for the country you are visiting. Sign up for email alerts and you’ll get the latest updates for that country.
Don’t travel without insurance
, make sure it covers you for any activities you are likely to undertake such as extreme or water sports.